Prodigal Mind!

Image Source: goldenthreadfilms.uk

It all comes back.
Bit by bit, the flashes connect
The cold under my feet,
The pebblings in my steps
How did I get here? When? Why?
I remember me, descending and ascending the stairs!
The view from the top! Amazing!
I remember the crunching cold! The rush to find solace!
In this desert winter night, I was in nothing. Just my briefs!
I remember the soft whisper of a voice so unfamiliar
“You are on the wrong floor!
“You are knocking on the wrong door”
I remember the surprise in the eyes of my flatmate!  
When he finally opened the door!
The million dollar questions they puzzled with!
Was it a bad dream? Was it stress? Was it Alcohol or one of the mysterious sedatives?
What was it? That I could recall the coming back, but not the going out!
In my sleep, my mind went on a stroll, and took my body with it!
And like before, he won’t disclose the details.
Just flashes! Bits enough only to raise more desire!
Questions that I wish could be answered!
I do not know, but there I was, at the end of a peculiar episode!
Yesterday I went to sleep in my bed, and woke up outside my apartment!


Comments